Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Aurea McGarry

Inspired Quote of the Day

Nothing is impossible, absolutely NOTHING! ~Aurea McGarry


Today's Brilliance

Aurea McGarry

Aurea McGarry

Aurea is a cancer survivor, a beauty queen, an actress, an inspirational speaker and the author of I Won't Survive, I'll Thrive!

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I am glad to be asked this question as I am only two years away from my 50th birthday, but more importantly because I had a chance to actually think about this on my 38th birthday as I sat in a doctor's office as he proceeded to wish me a happy birthday and then tell me that I had cancer. Not the birthday present I was hoping for that year.

As I faced my mortality and the grueling surgery that removed half of my left lung, part of my right, my Thymus, the lining around my heart, my left vocal cord nerve and disconnected half of my diaphragm. I did think about what words of wisdom I would want to leave to my then, 14 year old daughter and my family and friends. The first thought that came to my mind was a lyric from a song that rang so true... "I hope you dance!!"

Live like there is no tomorrow and if you could not fail, what you would do? The saddest experience is to visit a nursing home and hear about all the things many of them wished they had the courage to have...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>


No comments:

Post a Comment