Monday, March 1, 2010

Life Lessons from Parenting

Inspired Quote of the Day

It is one of the greatest compensations in life that no one can help another without helping themselves. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Today's Brilliance

Kathy Slattengren

Kathy Slattengren

Kathy is the owner and creator of Priceless Parenting.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Today's Brilliance: Life Lessons from Parenting

If you're interested in learning some incredible life lessons, become a parent! Being a parent is filled with daily chances to learn some of life's most important lessons.

Just Go For It

The first thing I learned was that I was never going to feel prepared to have a child. If I wanted children, I would simply have to take a leap of faith that it would all work out somehow. I really had no idea what having a baby encompassed ... the never-ending work, the inconsolable crying, being sleep deprived ... and falling so deeply in love that I would do whatever it took for that baby.

For decisions of the heart, it is better not to analyze the situation too carefully before just going for it!

Behave the Way You Want Others to Behave

When I realized how carefully my children were watching my every move and often imitating me, I was motivated to become the best role model I could be. I learned that by...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment