Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The degree of success you have is directly proportionate to the risks you're prepared to take. ~ Ken Vrana

Inspired Quote of the Day

The degree of success you have is directly proportionate to the risks you're prepared to take. ~ Ken Vrana


Today's Brilliance

Ken Vrana

Ken Vrana

Ken is a former Hollywood writer and producer and the founder of the breast cancer charity The 1in8 Foundation.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

The well-known actor Jack Lemmon once told me, when I asked him for his recipe for success, that "The degree of success you have in this world is directly proportionate to the risks you're prepared to take."

I'd always remembered that no risks, no significant success. When I left Hollywood a few years later, because I didn't want to raise my then infant daughter Caiti, in Los Angeles, my plans were to try and get into law school. I know at age 50 that this was going to be a huge challenge, first because of my age and second because I'd forgotten how to study.

When I applied to local law schools, here in North Carolina, I was denied admittance because they said that my under graduate grade point average was not high enough. I tried to argue that those grades were 40 years old, and that I had gained substantial knowledge since then, working at places like the White House, owning my own ad agency and becoming a successful writer and producer in LA.

I als...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment