Monday, March 8, 2010

To Be Present Is To Be Connected To The Divine

Inspired Quote of the Day

To be in your body is to be present to be present is to be connected to the Divine. ~ Mariel Hemingway


Today's Brilliance

Mariel Hemingway

Mariel Hemingway

Mariel is an actress, a spokesperson for Spiritual Cinema Circle, health, well-being, and the environment, and the author of Mariel's Kitchen.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

The awareness that has shifted my life the most is my ability to feel present in what I am doing in each moment. I have had a lot of experience, like all of us, yet knowing that I am here right now, this second is the key to my finding joy and a sense of peace. It is not always the easiest road and I remind myself daily that being present is a state of fluidity and motion...there is no stasis so I remember that a state of peace is always alive inside of me. I breathe and connect to my body in a way that enables me to find "me" at a deep level.

It used to be that I was in a constant state of worry. I lived fearing I would miss something or get my life wrong. What I love about being in my late forties, being single and being aware is that I no longer live thinking about what has happened in the past or worrying about what may or may not happen in the future. I savor being alive in this moment. I have even learned to embrace my challenges as my gifts and guides. Life is...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment