Friday, March 19, 2010

A GREAT DAY TO START YOUR LIFE

Inspired Quote of the Day

It's a great day to start your great life! ~Dr. Tomi Bryan
Today's Brilliance

Dr. Tomi Bryan
Dr. Tomi Bryan

Tomi is a consultant, speaker and author of the new book The 5 Keys to the Great Life.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

My life changed for the better when my oldest son Shep asked me, "Mom, what do you think the movie of the decade is?" An innocent enough question, one would think, for late December 2009. However, I kept hearing the word "decade." DECADE! It was screaming at me. All I could think was "We are at the end of another decade." The first decade of the new millennium gone! And what did I have to show for the last 10 years?

As the new year started, I shouted these questions to all who listened:
• "What is the reward for the life well-lived?"
• "What am I going to get in return for living the uncommon life?"
• "What do I get for being good?"
• "Somebody please tell me what is my reward?"

As that week wore on, I realized that I was asking the wrong question. Why? Maybe it's because I was in the middle of reading Tony Dungy's Uncommon and listening to Carolyn Myss' In...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment